[Asterisk-Dev] PRI U2U display messages

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.us
Mon Jun 28 13:51:06 MST 2004

I ran a PRI DEBUG SPAN 1 on our office system.
I could not see any FACILITIES messages on outgoing calls over the PRI.
So I suppose * does not send any Caller Id name messages on outgoing pri
calls.

CNAME is just a subset of the generic user to user messaging on ISDN
networks, so it should be possible
to send characterset IE5  u2u messages and have them show up on other ISDN
compatible phones.
My first thought would  be GSM cellphones since The GSM standard is based on
ISDN.
I think I remember to have had messages like "please hold" from a isdn-pbx
in germany on my german gsm phone.

Any comments on that ?

- Alfred