[Asterisk-Dev] Help with building on Mac OS X

Mike Mitchell mike.mitchell at missionmode.com
Thu Jun 24 07:49:35 MST 2004

Hi Folks,

Looks like folks have successfully built Asterisk on Mac OS X, and I am
trying to accomplish this feat currently (on Darwin 7.4.0).  I've
downloaded the most recent CVS contents, and done a couple builds.  I
first encountered a bison issue, which I appear to have licked by
installing the latest bison distribution.  However, I'm now getting
some link errors and am wondering what else is amiss.

I've looked through the list archives and don't see much on Mac
stuff--not that's current or similar, anyway.  Some folks said it
builds fine, others said there was a bug in a .c file somewhere that
they had to fix, others said there were Makefile changes required, but
the newest CVS contents seem to be different now, and I doubt any of
these apply.  Do I need to build libpri or anything else to make the
asterisk build work?  Cause right now I'm not.

Specifically, the problem I'm seeing is:

gcc -g  -o asterisk -Wl,-dynamic io.o sched.o logger.o frame.o loader.o
config.o channel.o translate.o file.o say.o pbx.o cli.o md5.o term.o
ulaw.o alaw.o callerid.o fskmodem.o image.o app.o cdr.o tdd.o acl.o
rtp.o manager.o asterisk.o ast_expr.o dsp.o chanvars.o indications.o
autoservice.o db.o privacy.o astmm.o enum.o srv.o dns.o aescrypt.o
aestab.o aeskey.o utils.o  poll.o dlfcn.o editline/libedit.a
db1-ast/libdb1.a stdtime/libtime.a -lncurses -lm -lresolv
ld: Undefined symbols:
_gethostbyname_r
_pthread_yield
___mpool_filter