[Asterisk-Dev] Status of autoconf integration?

Robert Bedell robert.bedell at zivVa.com
Sat Jun 19 17:01:47 MST 2004

> Robert Bedell wrote:
>
> > I searched the archives and found reference to someone who integrated
> > asterisk into the autoconf/automake build system.  Just curious where
> this
> > was, I think it would be a nice thing to have (tm).  But perhaps that's
> just
> > me
> >

> Are you volunteering to actively maintain it for the next 100 years?
>

> Jeremy McNamara

[Robert Bedell]

Since we're using it where I work and it's getting on my nerves to have to
edit the Makefile all the time to do customizations:

Yes

Back in December someone else tried to do an autoconf merge but could not
get enough people to test it:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-December/002487.html

I can't find William Waites email address though to contact him for the
existing work.

Is anyone willing to help test?

Cheers!

Robert Bedell