[Asterisk-Dev] Autoconf support -- testers needed

William Waites asterisk at lists.styx.org
Sun Dec 7 14:39:39 MST 2003

Hello everyone!

I have integrated GNU autoconf, automake and libtool support
into Asterisk based on recent CVS.

It is not quite finished yet, but is mostly there. What is
missing is particularly detection of OpenH323, for which there
are stubs in the configure.ac, as well as some more esoteric
features like VPB, which I don't know how to check for.
(that's what those FIXME messages in the configure output
are).

I have tested the configure and build under Debian GNU/Linux,
FreeBSD and OpenBSD. NetBSD should work as well but you must
be running -current to have kernel threads -- it will NOT
work on 1.6.1.

If you would like to try this out, please do and tell me
what happens. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

I would particularly like to know how well it does on any
Solaris, IRIX and HP-UX boxes that might be floating around.

The UNOFFICIAL tarballs are:

http://parc.styx.org/asterisk/asterisk-testing-0.5.2.tar.gz

and

http://parc.styx.org/asterisk/asterisk-testing-0.5.3.tar.gz

the difference being that the latter also includes the SIP+NAT
patch, the syslog logging patch and the distinctive ring patch.

Again, feedback is appreciated.

-w
--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign