[Asterisk-Dev] GR-303 support?

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Jun 14 12:56:35 MST 2004

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Has it been tested in any real-world environments yet? Will
> it support
> > redundancy between spans (on a quad-span card, or between
> two single-span
> > cards, or even across * boxes)?
> > More importantly, what is the likelihood that US PSTN
> providers are going to
> > be comfortable allowing a, open source, non-certified
> GR-303 implementation
> > to connect to their Class 5 switches?
>
> It looks like it goes the other direction, to hook a gr303
> concentrator up
> to your asterisk machine. It's listed as gr303fxoks.

Does this mean that you can connect Asterisk through a single T1 to a
multi-T1 mux, and use it to control more than one channel bank with
FXS/phones?  (Rather than using one to one T1's to match up between T1
ports on Asterisk and a channel bank, as in not as many T1 ports are
required in Asterisk, and one T1 port on Asterisk can control more than
24 analog phones on multiple channel banks.)

If I understand this correctly.

Is there a GR-303 web site that describes this better and the type of
equipment that can be used with this?  For example, the Adit 600 has a
GR303 capabilities.  I'm wondering what functionality, specifically,
this provides.

Ray.

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.