[Asterisk-Dev] GR-303 support?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Mon Jun 14 11:11:57 MST 2004

I see in this week's "Asterisk Sunday News" that GR-303 support has been
added to CVS HEAD. I've glanced over the code, and it looks like this
was not a very large change... I'm curious what the official status of
this code is? Has it been tested in any real-world environments yet?
Will it support redundancy between spans (on a quad-span card, or
between two single-span cards, or even across * boxes)?

More importantly, what is the likelihood that US PSTN providers are
going to be comfortable allowing a, open source, non-certified GR-303
implementation to connect to their Class 5 switches?