IAX bluetooth [GSM mobile] gateway - was Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Bluetooth handsfree channel

Rainer Jochem rainer at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Sun Jun 13 03:17:17 MST 2004

Hi,

> > (b) But for enterprise systems, the antenna (the mobile) has to be in an
> > open space (not in a telephony / server room). It cannot be very near
> > Asterisk box (bluetooth), it has to be on a remote small (or old) PC.
>
> You can keep the phone at a distance of 10m maximum from the BT dongle, so
> this must not be an issue even in the server rooms.

oeehm... pardon?
Servers are usually in a server room... and the users work in their
offices which are not neccessarily anywhere near the server room,
which means my phone is way more than 10m away from the * box with the
bluetooth dongle.

> > What about:
> >
> > Asterisk <-- IP --> IAX client <-- bluetooth --> mobile <--> GSM

Or what about:

Asterisk <-- IAX --> BT_IAXy <-- bluetooth --> mobile ? ;)

There's the bluetooth-presence stuff alredy floating around, see
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20Bluetooth%20channels

perhaps something similar but with IAX between the two places and then
use a USB bluetooth dongle on the PC in your office to connect to the
* server.

Cheers,
 Rainer

--