[Asterisk-Dev] Bluetooth handsfree channel

Dan danto at rdslink.ro
Sun Jun 13 02:26:50 MST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "jbarre" <asterisk at biarritx.dyndns.org>
> I don't think there is one. We were talking about this... a few days ago
> on the list. Dan (dant at rdslink.ro) and I are interested to contribute
> to a chan_bt... but we were thinking that we were not enough
> experimented with both chan_ development and bluetouth drivers to start
> something by our own.
>
> Using this tool in an existing chan_ framework could be an easy start.

I'm interested to contribute to this channel.
What do you think about starting from chan_oss and use BT audio and not the
sound card.
Then the rest of the stuff (signaling, dialing, ringing) can easily be done
through the virtual COM port associated with the BT interface.
I have some experience on phone management through the BT interface (see my
app - DIAX which now support using a BT enabled GSM phone to control DIAX).

I'm open to any other proposal. I think that a chan_bt can be a major
advantage of Asterisk over any other PBX because you can get external GSM
lines with minimum cost and great flexibility and reliability.

Best regards,
Dan