[Asterisk-Dev] Problems with ring debounce on TDM400P FXO channel

Gerald Short geralds at gctelecom.com
Fri Jun 11 09:47:00 MST 2004

I an still observing and know nothing about the platform yet, but an
analog trunk disconnect supervision signal (momentary reversal or open
cct) from the telco delivered about 6 seconds after hangup may be
interpreted as AC ring? As this event does not follow a hangup from
asterisk it will not be expecting that disconnect supervision signal. As
there are parallel device on the line how about the possibility of
capacitor discharge high enough to trigger ring detection? What
parameters does asterisk use to evaluate a ring is legitimate?

Regards,

Gerald Short
geralds at gctelecom.com
+1-415-299-9644 USA phone