[Asterisk-Dev] Problems with ring debounce on TDM400P FXO channel

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jun 11 09:03:07 MST 2004

> On 10-Jun-04, at 10:24 PM, Ron Frederick wrote:
>
> > I also have some other devices directly connected to that same phone
> > line,
> > in parallel with the TDM11B. I immediately noticed a problem in this
> > configuration when one of the other devices went back on-hook after
> > using
> > the line. The wcfxs driver for the card recognized this as a "ring"
> > event.
>
> I have the exact same problem, both at home, and at my customer's site.
>
> > I'm not sure if it would be safe to roll this change into the main
> > tree, or
> > if the longer debounce time might cause problems in some other cases.
>
> I would also like to hear some opinions on this.

I've had the same issues since installing the tdm about a month ago.

Just guessing and reading between the lines, the chipsets on the tdm card
have a significant number of features/options/functions that do not appear
to be implemented/used in the current * implementation. There are only a
limited number of people that have the cards and the understanding to
advance those functions, and Mark is one of them. His time is probably
very limited in terms of extending the functionality.

Since I too have the ring event problem, I just implemented the suggested
patch to eval the impact. In the last hour, it seems to have addressed
the problem without causing any other noticeable issues. (I don't have
the x100p's in the system right now.)

The primary tdm issues that I think need to be resolved over time include:
 - spurious ring events (pstn line disturbances as noted above)
 - callerid is less reliable then with x100p's
 - echo when using sip phones
 - unusual linux system events when using "service zaptel stop" & start
   (probably just a tweak or two on the script, but I'm not a programmer.)

Rich