[Asterisk-Dev] New Channel - Serial + Sound Card -> GSM Mobile

Thu Jun 3 17:11:09 MST 2004

I'm considering developing a new channel driver for asterisk to
communicate with a Falcom A2D GSM Modem.

It would probably just be a combination of the current modem driver +
the oss driver.

>From my conversation with their tech yesterday, I would need to use a
serial interface to send AT commands (dial/answer/etc) and then use a
sound card (mic + line out) to send/receive audio.

I'm wondering if anyone has already done anything like this (or this
precise thing) before?

This would seem to be quite a nice thing to me, and since app_sms
already exists would probably try to integrate with that as well for
send/receive standard gsm sms messages...

Regards,
Adam