[Asterisk-Dev] HEAD - Advanced voicemail behaviour change

Jesse Janzer jjanzer at qcomm.com
Tue Jun 1 08:24:00 MST 2004

While we were using asterisk, my CEO had me working on changing the
voicemail structure so that the numbers were "industry standard". I
spent a lot of time looking around for standards, analyzed our old phone
system, etc. There is no standard as far as I could tell. The only thing
close is: 7 delete, 9 saves. However we are using an Inter-Tel system
now and they have the numbers flipped: 9 delete, 7 saves. The bottomline
is that it's difficult to find that best fit. I had been toying around
with the idea of changing the voicemail code so that it reads a config
file for it's structure... Basically breaking it up just like the rest
of the system so you can call functions from a config file and configure
how the flow of the system works. Unfortunately, we are no longer using
asterisk so I don't have as much time to work on it as I would like.