[Asterisk-Dev] End of public smear campaign by pimpsoft

Justin jufineath at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:02:22 MST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:13:23 -0700, dking at pimpsoft.com
<dking at pimpsoft.com> wrote:
> I have been a friend of the open source community since the early
> 90's; If you want to take someone trying to help by perhaps being
> overly zealous then so be it, but you are forgetting that not only do
> I support free software but as the good doctor aptly put several
> posts ago, I am a populist and as such I and my ideals would only
> benefit if this project took off as it would put pressure on the
> proprietary business model of the telecommunications industry; I have
> no reason what so ever to try to destroy this project and every
> reason to help it as I can in some way.

oh please. if you were trying to help you would have read the gpl, and
read the gpl faq. even the fsf requires contributors to their gpl
products to disclaim their copyright or assign it to the fsf.

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl-faq.html#AssignCopyright

seeing as they wrote and maintain the gpl i think they speak with a
bit more 'authority' than you. rather than rail against digium for
following the practices of the fsf, perhaps you should go to the
source - sue for an injunction against the fsf and let's just see how
for you get.

-justin