[Asterisk-Dev] Odd problem with asterisk in boot time (Second part and answer)

Fernando Romo pop at cofradia.org
Thu Jul 29 13:47:17 MST 2004

Dear Developers:

I fund the solution of the problem, ist no to easy to identifacte but
what happen is this:

I modify the /etc/init.d/zaptel file, replacing the "insmod" and "rmmod"
with the "modprobe" equivalentes commands, The old form to load an
unload modules in FC2 with Kernel 2.6.7 don't work well.

And if you have "Kudzu" (The hardware discovery service), in the test of
the TDM400P, left the PCI Channel of the TDM card bloqued and the Zaptel
scritps don't load correctly the modules for the hardware, then the
asterisk send the following message and few seconds later die:

chan_zap.c:765 zt_open: Unable to specify channel 2: No such device or
address
Jul 28 20:28:07 ERROR[1073880224]: chan_zap.c:5879 mkintf: Unable to
open channel 2: No such device or address
here = 0, tmp->channel = 2, channel = 2
Jul 28 20:28:07 ERROR[1073880224]: chan_zap.c:8721 setup_zap: Unable to
register channel '2'
Jul 28 20:28:07 WARNING[1073880224]: loader.c:328 ast_load_resource:
chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
Jul 28 20:28:07 WARNING[1073880224]: loader.c:423 load_modules: Loading
module chan_zap.so failed!

I reboot the hardware 20 times and when deactivate the kudzu service
(for fast boot), everything go ok.

I think is necesary check how the Zaptel modules as load.

A easy workaround is deactivate de Kudzu service and modify the zaptel
initialization script with modprobe.

And i think (in personal form), we need more efforts in Kernel 2.6
development and forget Kernel 2.4

Best Regards.... Fernando Romo
                          pop at cofradia.org