[Asterisk-Dev] UK Caller ID patch and new CVS

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 23 06:12:40 MST 2004

On Friday 23 July 2004 09:02, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> The X100P cards seem to fall into two camps: "genuine Digium" or
> "clones".  That would seem to contradict your statement, although I
> believe that you are correct.  Perhaps someone could clarify this for
> future reference.

Given that "Genuine Digium" are in fact a clone themselves I don't find any
distinctions aside from the following:

1. Purchase from Digium, support Digium.
2. Digium glues a TO-220 heat sink to the TJ320 chip
3. Digium's card comes with instructions on hooking it up with Asterisk

I think that's all the difference between the two, #1 being the most
important.  Asterisk is offered for nothing, supported by the community.
It's just Good Karma to support Digium.

Frankly though, I don't think ANYONE should by these cards, clone or no -- Get
the TDMxx series.

-A.