[Asterisk-Dev] PRI Error with EWSD Switch

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jul 20 04:52:38 MST 2004

Alfred Certain wrote:
  > Currently we have the follow error on a Production Asterisk System
(Recent CVS):

> Jul  1 15:40:37 NOTICE[90123]: chan_zap.c:6872 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: 8 on
> Primary D-channel of span 1
>
> This is NOT a timming or slip error because we allready tested it with special
> equipment, We even made some tests with an ISDN Tester and we have some traces
> for the curious one.

I always thought these errors were usually caused by excessive interrupt
latency caused by things like graphics mode (X, framebufer, etc), raid
drivers, DMA IDE, or any number of kernel things that could lock
interrrupts long enough to be a problem.  Anyone remember 16450 FIFOs,
low speed PCs and high speed modems?