[Asterisk-Dev] PRI Error with EWSD Switch

Steve Hanselman SteveH at brendata.co.uk
Tue Jul 20 03:50:32 MST 2004

No it's an ISDN30 line monitor we borrowed to rule out any real line errors.

My current sequence looks a bit like this
1) 7.49.06 T203 expires, we send a receive ready and restart the timer
2) 7.49.06 We receive the RR ack
3) 7.49.16 ditto point 1+2
4) 7.49.21 we log an event 6 (framing error)
5) 7.49.25 We then receive a disconnect from the remote peer
6) 7.49.25 We send an unnumbered acknowledge
7) 7.49.25 We log the channel as down and send SABME
8) We continue sending this every second until
9) 7.49.33 We receive SABME from Telewest
10) 7.49.33 We send unnumbered acknowledgement and mark the span as up
11) 7.49.33 we then receive - what? - a frame of zeroes?
12) We stop T203 and start T200
13) 7.49.33 We receive a RESTART
14) 7.49.33 We send a RESTART ACKNOWLEDGE (restart requested on entire span)
15) 7.49.34 the T200 expires and we say we are retransmitting 12 bytes, but
we don't apparently.  We reschedule the retransmission(1).
16) 7.49.34 We receive - what? - a frame of zeroes?
17) 7.49.34 We send a receive ready and reset the T200 counter
18) 7.49.35 The T200 expires, we say we are retransmitting 12 bytes, but
again we don't. We reschedule the retransmission(2).
19) 7.49.36 T200 expires again, we decide to restart the PRI
20) 7.49.36 We send SABME
21) 7.49.36 We receive UA link up and log span up
22) 7.49.36 We receive - what? - a frame of zeroes?
23) We stop T203 and start T200
24) Goto point 13