[Asterisk-Dev] VoiceMail-directory() integration and user defined functions

Frank Frank at impactservices.biz
Fri Jul 16 06:38:29 MST 2004

I have been looking at the code in the app_voicemail.c source to review
how the directory application can be integrated.  The integration I
think it needs is to allow a subscriber to forward a voicemail to
another subscriber by mailbox number or with dial-by-name using the
directory.  I did register this feature in the bugtracker
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002025

Also looking at how feasible it would be to allow the * admin to define
a function(s) for voicemail subscribers.  Something along the lines of
being able to call an agi script from within voicemail by allowing the
admin to define a particular key to call that script (with params of
context, mailbox number, current message number).  An example usage of
this might be to allow a subscriber to listen to a voice mail and then
selectively choose to have that particular message emailed to them by
pressing the admin-defined function key.

I am a bit lost in the code.  Can anyone provide any kind of guidance on
the best/preferred place and method to do this in voicemail.c  ?

Frank