[Asterisk-Dev] Multiple IP's For sip.

Alberto Fernandez asterisk at xynergia.net
Mon Jul 12 09:17:04 MST 2004

Asterisk,
	When bound to more than one ip address sip doesn't work correctly, If
the phone is not behind Nat, I'm not a developer but somehow i figured
out why. I opened ethereal on the clients (X-Lite) Ethernet, since i saw
that the sip debug in asterisk showed that it was receiving the invite,
and attempting to answer to it. Now what i discovered was this. Lets say
the asterisk box has 2 Ethernet and that they have 2 ips. Ethernet 1 has
ip 1 and Ethernet 2 has ip 2 (I'm Not TOO creative :-P) If i tell a
phone to connect to ip 2, asterisk receives the invite and replay's
using Ethernet 1. Now the phone receives the answer trough IP 1. and it
doesn't register. Is there a way to tell asterisk to answer the requests
trough the ip it received them, i think this would fix this problem. I
saw a bug about something similar to this long time ago but no1 did
anything about it. Or it was for IAX, not sure.

Good Day.

Alberto Fernandez