[Asterisk-Dev] MeetMe Improvement

Alastair Maw al.maw at mxtelecom.com
Tue Jul 6 16:40:38 MST 2004

On 06/07/04 20:29, brian wrote:
> Thanks for the improvements.. but JAVA? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Don't knock it until you've tried it. At least on my 2.4GHz test machine,
my IAX2 implementation scales better than the one in Asterisk (i.e.
handles more simultaneous calls before dropping audio). I even have the
garbage collection under control enough that I don't get audio glitches
due to it.

And yes, I know you'll cynically say "show me the code", but unfortunately
I can't - it's currently an in-house-only project. We're looking at making
it GPL at a later date. I guess I could show you some JavaDoc if you're
really unconvinced. :)

Regards,

Al

--