[Asterisk-Dev] channel driver sample - Coding/Transcoding/Conferences

Adam Hart adam at teragen.com.au
Sun Jul 4 16:35:41 MST 2004

On a sidenote: Have you seen Microsoft's gift to Voip - Xbox 2 (Xenon)

CPU
The Xenon CPU is a custom processor based on PowerPC technology. The CPU
includes three independent processors (cores) on a single die. Each core
runs at 3.5+ GHz. The Xenon CPU can issue two instructions per clock
cycle per core. At peak performance, Xenon can issue 21 billion
instructions per second.

21 billion instructions @ around $300 that's stupidly cheap per cycle. A
dual Xeon does half that at 5 times the price.

A dsp card wouldn't be that hard to make, it's just it'd be obsolete in
a year.

-Adam