[Asterisk-Dev] channel driver sample - Coding/Transcoding/Conferences

Miroslav Nachev miro at space-comm.com
Sun Jul 4 11:21:24 MST 2004

Hello John,

This is exactly my idea. For example the TI DSP that I point support
10 channels for coding/transcoding (G.729, etc.) and the chip price is
about $18. TI have DSP with 3000 and more channels in one chip. If you
calculate the cost price of one PCI DSP Board with 10 channels you
will see that the price will not be more $50 excluding copyright and
licenses for commercial codecs. This means that the price per channels
is not more than $5.

That's why I would like to start a project for DSP processing using
PCI and USB 2.+ interfaces.

--
Best regards,
 Miroslav                            mailto:miro at space-comm.com