[Asterisk-Dev] T1 & PBX

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Thu Jan 29 12:20:23 MST 2004

Assuming the T1 isn't set up for PRI, you will find that if you dial very
quickly all the digits get through from the Norstar to Asterisk. I'm having
the same problem.

I beleive the issue is because the context for the T410p is set to [default]
and the Norstar isn't pushing the digits through fast enough for them all to
register in Asterisk before the 'simple switch' goes on to run them through
the dial plan. Ie. Asterisk is expecting a 'burp' of digits instead of
human-driven hunt and peck timing.

The soloution is probably to set up a seperate context using the ,s, target
and have immediate answer and so on turned on in the zap .conf files. From
there you could construct the appropriate Receive Digits handlers and
Timeouts.

If anyone has a sample extensions.conf context they'd care to share it would
save both of us some time...

Thanks.
k.