[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 White Paper assistance

Frank W. Miller fwmiller at cornfed.com
Sat Jan 24 10:05:23 MST 2004

Greetings,

I've mentioned this in another email but wanted to make it more
generally known.  I am currently putting together the "definitive" white
paper on the specification of the IAX2 protocol, at the request of
Digium btw.  This paper is targeted at providing implementors with a
resource other than the chan_iax source code to do their own
implementations.  I have limited resources available to me to obtain
trace information that I can use for this purpose.  To that end, I'd
like to solicit help from the community.  I would very much appreciate
any assistance with call traces that any of you could provide.  I prefer
Ethereal traces as I want to include hexdumps of messages (since its a
binary protocol).  These traces are very important as they will allow me
to derive the correct state machine diagrams.  I'm looking for any and
all call flow information including but not limited to:

* Call setup
* Call teardown
* Call transfer
* Any and all features: MWI, Call Waiting, Intercom, Paging, etc.
* Meta trunking transactions

If desired, I can make interim versions available on my web site,
www.cornfed.com.

Many thanks,
FM

Frank W. Miller, Ph.D.