[Asterisk-Dev] project

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Jan 24 07:38:36 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 06:14, Abdullah Fatih wrote:
> Hi;
> I have a big project to do in a limited time.Project is :
> 90 lines PBX (voice mail , IVR , etc.)
> Call recording (all the calls inbound outbound and also calls between
> the  office subscribers )
>
> I think of a system like this :
> 1 TE410 or E400
> 4 2Mbit E1 port channel bank
> Asterisk will handle the PBX properties and also record calls . Can
> Asterisk be used for such a case ? Anybody used this at such big
> project ? I'm looking forward to hearing your advices.

While asterisk can handle this, please understand that for you to pull
off a successful deployment in a limited time will require you to hire
someone to teach you or deploy for you. Telephony in general is not
simple.

When you say 90 lines, is that 90 extensions, 90 PSTN lines, or 90
combined interfaces? This is important because if you have many inbound
lines, you switch to E1 inbounds, and those take ports. Also you should
know that T1 channel banks are easier to find on the used market, and
for less.