[Asterisk-Dev] Read the source (New subject)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jan 17 02:27:22 MST 2004

Steven Sokol wrote:
 >I just asked on IRC and was dutifully told "read the source". Duh.  I have read the

I think we should put up a translation list somewhere.

"Read the source" usually means: I haven't got a clue, but you will find out since
it's in there somewhere and I don't know if it's documented. It's an offer to help.

I never understood it as "Heh, dude, I really know all about it but will not tell
you since you are a stupid newbie."

Before we started working on the Wiki and the documentation project, this was a very
common answer. When writing documentation, I've read quite a lot of source. And asked
quite a lot of questions, that was answered.

Steven, I don't know what happened here, why you had to flame, but for the rest of you
out there, please use this translation of the "Read the source" reply, don't heat up.

Or heat up, it would really help up here in the cold country where I live :-)

/Olle