[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] More Success on the Cisco 7920 and SCCP !!!!!

Jan Czmok czmok at gatel.net
Sun Jan 11 18:28:58 MST 2004

Martin Bene (martin.bene at icomedias.com) wrote:
> Hi Siggi,
>
> > > 7960 and then "Call Ended" on the Display (curious about that !!!).
> >
> > That seems to be normal for the 7920. I've sniffed the registration
> > procedure with Cisco's newest 3.3(3) CallManager (+patches), and it's
> > doing the same thing. Maybe that's some odd way of testing if the
> > CallManager ("CCM") really works...
> >
> > > After that the phone reboots and the stuff repeats....
> >
> > Same thing here.
> > CCM does quite a few things in different order compared to
> > chan_sccp, but
> > apart from that, the registration procedure seems quite similar.
> > I'm still looking into the detailed differences (which is a
> > bit hard, as
> > there doesn't seem to be any tool like "diff" for ethereal traces).

can you provide me a dumpfile with the trace?

Hint: use tethereal :-)

> Since I've got a 7920 myself and am trying to get things to work:
> If you've still got access to the cisco stuff: could you make available a
> tcpdump file (tcpdump -w) of a successfull callmanager registration?
>
> I'd really like to see what the successfull tftp and skinny sessions look
> like and try to duplicate that w/ asterisk.

I'm working on getting a 1760V and BRI ports & callmanager express for
testing, so i'll collect the CCM registration and a test phone call in a
ethereal trace.

i'd like to see Skinny working on asterisk with the 7920 since it's
official that no SIP image is currently planned :-(

--jan

--
Jan Czmok, Network Engineering & Support, Global Access Telecomm, Inc.
Ph.: +49 69 299896-35 - fax: +49 69 299896-40 - sip:13129*522 at inoc-dba.pch.net