[Asterisk-Dev] External Call Control/ CTI

Jonathan Tew jonathan at ultracart.com
Sun Jan 11 11:16:25 MST 2004

I posted on this topic a while ago (see Architecture for CTI on
12/9/2003) and it went no where.  Asterisk does lack in this area.
Asterisk should provide CTI capability so that an application can be
completely aware of the state of the hard/softphone and control it.  If
you look at Cisco IPCC (a VoIP platform) it provides all this
capability.  And in the non-VoIP realm.... Avaya, Genesis, etc. all
provide CTI capability.