[Asterisk-Dev] benevolent dictatorship, or inclusive developper community?

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Thu Jan 8 11:08:15 MST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 18:59, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 10:32, C. Maj wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Chris Albertson waxed:
> > > (see update command in cvs manpage). So, yes you could have
> > > multiple lines of developmentand merge them back into a main line.
> >
> > Yeah and live in a nightmare.  The kernel only uses CVS as a
> > daily (or whatever) dump of what's in BitKeeper.  People
> > submit patches against CVS, sure, but the "branching" is
> > done with BK repositories.
> >
> >     http://www.bitkeeper.com/
>
> Well without dredging up the BK vs. every other revision control
> software flame war, lets just point out that that wouldn't be a viable
> option here.
>
> I would suggest subversion, but it is easier to stick with what more
> people know at this moment and not force anyone to deal with the
> conversion of the tree one more time.

Subversion is hardly a great leap from CVS with regards learning curve. Simply
replace all "cvs" commands with "svs". Of course there are some extra, but I
guess they are not so necessary for simple usage..

SVS would seem to be the best fit for an upgrade should one been required..

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/