[Asterisk-Dev] benevolent dictatorship, or inclusive developper community?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 18:19:15 MST 2004

Steven,

You got it "right enough" about CVS.  CVS does allow you to
make a branch and then devlope those two branches in parallel
and later merge the two back together.  This works just like
as if you did a "cvs update" on your PC. The diffs from current
CVS get folded into your working directory and if those
diffs clubber anything you did CVS tells you about it.
(see update command in cvs manpage). So, yes you could have
multiple lines of developmentand merge them back into a main line.

--- Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 14:34, Martin Kihlgren wrote:

> Here is where I need someone with CVS admin experience to step in and
> confirm or deny the ability to make some mini forks that specific
> maintainers could then administer. Something along the lines of maybe
> fork that Jeremy administered all the H323 stuff and if you needed it
> be bleeding edge, that is the fork you track. As that subset feels it
> is
> stable, a diff is merged back to the main code. Similar maintainers
> could take responsibility for their sub branches, and then we might
> have
> moved Mark into coordinating releases and maintainers as well as
> guiding
> the project.

=====
Chris Albertson