[Asterisk-Dev] Learn some respect. was Re: benevolent dictatorship, or inclusive developer community?

asterisk at lists.styx.org asterisk at lists.styx.org
Tue Jan 6 23:02:00 MST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:20:29PM -0700, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As glad as I am to see some commentary on the status of the project and
> suggestions for the future administration of the code, I am also disgusted
> to see the level of ingratitude shown toward those responsible for getting
> the project this far.

As this is directed at least partially at me, let me say that I mean no
disrespect. Mark and Digium and Nufone and Brian West et al. have done
a lot of good work and taken things a long way. Congratulations are
definitely in order.

But on the other hand, I have a diverging local source tree. I know
others have diverging local source trees. I know that people are kludging
together shell scripts to grab source from CVS and patches from here
and there to create their build tree. From that perspective, I see
a real problem.

> However, I do think that the * project could benefit from an experienced IT
> Project Manager like myself (with over $30 million in successfully
> administered contracts) so I offer that skillset to the project.

This is wonderful news. Please share with us your insight on how to
stop code from languishing in the bugtracker and get it tested by
users.

-w
--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign