[Asterisk-Dev] Current database abstraction effort ?

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Tue Jan 6 01:53:48 MST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:18:25AM -0800, Chris Albertson wrote:

> The performance cost is low.  Even on a larg PBX how many CDR
> records per second are written?  My guess is that 100 per second
> would be a LOT.  But 100/sec would not tax a reasonable PC running
> ODBC

Err, well. As a matter of fact, I'm not planning to implement a
database abstraction layer *just* to handle CDRs. Registration and
extensions lookup are on the list as well.

And this can somewhat increase the lookup rate.

Anyway, I'm starting to work with ODBC stuff, since :
- performance cost seems to be acceptable
- this may be the way to clear some licensing mess with mysql (which,
  I think, will be the most widely used backend)

I'll keep you updated.
--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive