[Asterisk-Dev] Current database abstraction effort ?

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Mon Jan 5 17:28:41 MST 2004

> As far as I see, UnixODBC uses LGPL on its libs. I believe this
> enables it to be incorporated in core Asterisk source, with mysql/odbc
> installed as an independant package right ?

This was the whole reason for writing cdr_odbc to side step the mysql
drama.  I have done some testing on a 1ghz box.  I can do 700-1000 queries
per second on ODBC where as with raw mysql you can hi 3000-4000 per
second.  at any rate if your doing 700 CDR inserts on the same box thats
doing all those calls the box would die from the call volume before
cdr_odbc or anything odbc related would come close.

bkw