[Asterisk-Dev] Current database abstraction effort ?

Nicolas Bougues nbougues-listes at axialys.net
Mon Jan 5 06:01:10 MST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 01:37:35PM +0100, Florian Overkamp wrote:

> Complexity: Yes, a little at setup. But as you said it can be learned. With
> mysql being separated into asterisk_addons I would say that mysql support is
> more complex than odbc support.

As far as I see, UnixODBC uses LGPL on its libs. I believe this
enables it to be incorporated in core Asterisk source, with mysql/odbc
installed as an independant package right ?

This would make quite some sense. Having mysql-related sources deported
because of licensing problems is not something nice. Maybe using ODBC
would make things simpler on that side ?

Mark, would it be ok (both legally and technically) for you ?

--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive