[Asterisk-Dev] SIP Extrange Problem

Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) lwc at roke.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 17:01:57 MST 2004

Hi Sergio, Folks,
  "after a few seconds" is interesting.
I wonder if this is a re-INVITE issue?

First, switch on "sip debug" in the asterisk console, and
see if there are sip messages approximately when the audio dies.

One quick way to *TEST* this is to:
*   set the phones in sip.conf to canreinvite=no,
AND
*   edit rtp.c to always return -2, (a couple of lines before the
existing conditional -2 return).

That way, * should always stay in the call and should NOT try to drop
out by sending a re-INVITE to the
phones after the initial call setup.
Then retry the calls to see if the problem has "gone away".

If so, then the re-INVITE issue has bitten you. It can cause strange
effects just like you're seeing (especially with some kinds of NAT/ALG
between the phones). The problem is in the NAT/ALG, but it's
triggered by the re-INVITE behaviour of *.

all the best,
   Lawrence

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.