[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 Native Transfer + NAT

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Sun Feb 15 21:08:14 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 11:58, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> How do you propose you would figure out that you are behind the same nat
> screen? You mentioned in your example that you came in via a separate IP
> address. As far as asterisk could be concerned, that may well have been
> your neighbors nat it was connecting to. You can't go by the inside
> addresses as it is likely for people behind nats to have the same
> private address space.

	My .01 here....
	I have a similar problem with ATAs behing a ADSL modem which is quite
powerfull at the IP side. It happens when somebody calls the other´s ATA
line. The ADSL modem notes that the packet are going to get back since
the ATA is sending packets to the WAN ip address of the modem so it
sends ICMP redirects messages back to ATA which are discarded.
	But probably the idea is to have a NAT router which sends you ICMP
redirect messages as this modem does so * can detect that and somewhat
bridge them.....

--
Juanjo sin .sig