[Asterisk-Dev] NEWBIE: how to modify Dial application

Christian Hecimovic checimovic at qworks.ca
Fri Feb 6 15:12:03 MST 2004

I wrote my own app, called app_administration, to deal with stuff like
changing corporate greetings, recovering passwords, and so forth. It's very
easy to include custom apps in asterisk.

1: write your app.

2: stick it into the asterisk/apps directory.

3: edit the Makefile in this directory. Near the top you'll see a line that
begins with APPS. Stick your app here.

4: if your app links to anything interesting, you'll have to scroll down and
add a line for it down below. See where the stuff for app_sql_postgres is?
Put your app here. For example, I needed to link to libcrypt:

app_administration.so : app_administration.o
	$(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ $(MLFLAGS) $< -lcrypt

5: of course, write a configuration file for it, if one is needed.

Finally, to use your app from extensions.conf, just reference it without the
app_ prefix:

exten => 7,1,Administration

And that's it.

Christian