[Asterisk-Dev] NEWBIE: how to modify Dial application

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Feb 6 09:36:52 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 05:37, Asterisk List wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Sorry if this is a very basic question.
> I need to modify the Dial or Queue application to include my own logs to
> know if the call is answered or not, the phone number that answered the call
> and some other items.
>
> I have copied app_dial.c in a file called app_dial2.c and modified this
> copy. Trying these logs as agi-scripts or standalone C applications work
> fine.
>
> I don't know how to compile.Trying make app_dial2.so I obtain this file
> without errors, but it is really small (23KB vs 75KB or the original file).
> Don't know what I'm missing...

My guess is it isn't linking in all the necessary asterisk good stuff.
Maybe you should edit the make file to include your changed app so that
a make will take care of it and even install it for you.

> After I compile my own module how can I use it on extensions.conf ?

Well you call it by the name you register. You did remember to change
the registered name didn't you?