[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 0.7.1 RPMS Updated to Rel 4

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Feb 3 10:11:39 MST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Mark Spencer wrote:

> > 	As always, comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
> > I could use some volunteers to build/test i586, i686 and k7 packages
> > or RH9 and FC1, so if you are interested drop me a line.
>
> Do you have an updated spec file that you would like me to include in the
> distribution?
>
> Mark

Mark,
	Eventually, yes. However, there is still a lot of refining and
adjustment that can be done on my current .spec files, and if you don't
mind I'd like to maintain control over it for a couple more releases
before that happens. I am getting good feedback and comments right now,
and have a couple of unanswered questions about how to make things a
little smoother accross all different platforms.
	What makes RPMS particularly difficult (especially for Zaptel
modules) is that they need to be built to a specific kernel. The .spec
file does a good job figuring that you when you build it right now, but
there are other things I want to add to it to make it a lot more "dummy
proof" as it were.
	Particularly, I'd like to add version and dependency checking
beyond what RPM auto-generates, and I'd like people to actually make some
suggestions for how to improve the build process.

All that being aside, you can grab .spec files from .src rpms if you want
to take a look at them.

                             KP-216-121-ST