[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk 0.7.1 RPMS Updated to Rel 4
damin at nacs.net
Tue Feb 3 09:06:35 MST 2004
Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready,
you won't have to.
There have been over 500 downloads of the RedHat Asterisk RPMS
since they were released 2 weeks ago, and I have received many comments
to improve them. After some late night hacking this weekend, I have
dropped 0.7.1 release 4 RPMS at ftp://ftp.nacs.net/asterisk.
This is the first release that I feel is usable by the general
public. Having got my hands on some Digium hardware, I was able to see
that my build environments for RH73,9 and FC1 were generating i686
specific modules for Zaptel, which made the RPMS unusable on standard i386
kernels. Since most people never bother to put the i686 kernel, I
downgraded my build environments and rebuilt the packages. I.E. if you are
using stock RedHat kernels (kernel*.i386.rpm) then these are build for
you. If not, you'll have to grab the .src.rpm and rebuild the RPMS for
Also, based on feedback from Donnie Barnes and Brian West, I
added the result of "make config" from the Zaptel RPMS which will load the
correct modules at startup.
As always, comments and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
I could use some volunteers to build/test i586, i686 and k7 packages
or RH9 and FC1, so if you are interested drop me a line.
* Sat Jan 31 2004 Gregory Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net>
- Updated development environment to ensure proper build consistency for chan_zap
- Added post-install chkconfig to auto-start asterisk on boot
- First really useable release. Yay!
* Mon Jan 26 2004 Gregory Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net>
- Updated changelog entry to enable build on Fedora Core 1 <wrl at express.org>
- Made the decsision to use Dist Specific version numbers (_fc1,_rh9,_rh8,_rh73)
* Sat Jan 24 2004 Gregory Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net>
- added doc macros
- added config macros
- updated install stanza to correct symlink issue
- updated patch0 to include changes to Makefile
- added /etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk
- added "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" for RH9
- asterisk.spec now builds cleanly on RH73 and RH9
* Wed Jan 21 2004 Gregory J. Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net>
- Initial .spec file created. Most likely buggered. Badly needs help.
Vice President of N2Net, a New Age Consulting Service, Inc. Company
http://www.n2net.net Where everything clicks into place!
More information about the asterisk-dev