[Asterisk-Dev] Features requests on bugs.digium.com

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Fri Dec 31 16:31:39 MST 2004

> I can see your point here, and I agree, most people don't want to do the
> administrative grunt work.  I think what needs to happen, since I've seen
> a lot of viewpoints that seem to match yours, is we need more people who's

> specific job is to handle the feature requests then.  Would you like to
> volunteer? ;)

Alright, don't flame me... but, what if something was tried ala MSDN Product
Feedback Center? Anyone can report a bug or feature (after being forced to
search first).

Then, anyone can vote for it (1-5), so the most "important" issues come up
to the top. Other people can confirm repros, post workarounds, etc. -- apart
from the general chat on the issue. Then Microsoft (in this case, whoever
Digium deems worthy) can make resolutions, and even some non-MS people (in
this case, say people who've proven to know something about Asterisk) can
suggest resolutions to speed up MS's job.

This way, the really dumb or silly stuff just sinks to the bottom, while
issues that others find pressing are called out more prominently. This is
more of a 'front-end' for the public, not a Product Studio kind of thing,
but it'll definitely help. It's really doing some wonders on the current
in-progress Visual Studio, as it spreads out the work to the community.

-Michael