[Asterisk-Dev] Features requests on bugs.digium.com

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Dec 30 04:59:30 MST 2004

> We opened the "Feature request" category to be able to keep them in the
> bug tracker, but move them out of sight so they do not mix with bugs and
> patches. As longs as there isn't any other system, I feel that feature
> requests and experimental features can hang around. We bug marshals can
> move them from "red" status so that we can easily see the status.
>
> "Closed" doesn't mean "removed", the feature request will still be
> there. From time to time, I go through old closed feature requests to
> get some inspiration. There's a lot of good stuff in the bug tracker.
>
> Just make sure that your "closed" filter isn't turned on when you visit
> the "feature request" category.

Historically, every large I/T organization has gone through the growing
pain involving the same subject. This project is obviously headed in
that direction. So, rather then reinventing the wheel, why don't we
learn from others that have already gone there (when the time is right)
and at least plot a path that allows one to get there.

That would likely involve some sort of bug tracking system, a change
control system, version control system (that is actually used for that
purpose), etc.

Rich