[Asterisk-Dev] Wildcard TDM400P dies every few weeks...cause?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue Dec 21 11:59:11 MST 2004

>Does anyone have any clue about what might be happening
>(or where we could look when this has happened to arrive
>at a root cause?)

There is a thread on -users about this very subject. Speculation is rampant
about bad hardware design, bad driver design, combination of the 2 etc but
no one really knows. It happens on my TDM's as well, and there's a lot of
"me to's". I saw a post on the -users list recently about loading the module
with a switch to modify how the card draws power, but damned if I can find
it now. Anyway, the most straightforward workaround for now is just to cron
a reboot every night, which is what I do and it's a non issue for me.

PS your post belongs on -users not -dev. Let these guys get back to what
they do best.