[Asterisk-Dev] Call-forking and cdr-patch

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Tue Dec 21 10:14:11 MST 2004

I have already played with app_forkcdr from within the 'connect-macro'
option in the dial command
but I didn't succed to get the wanted information this way (e.g.
dialedpeernumber and dialedpeername not set).

short answer on one one of Andrews questions:
ResetCDR  resets time and callstatus. It's something you use if you have
a callingcard (or other application) that which
needs to 'Answer()' the line in order to get the dtmf for calling
cardnumber. If you dont issue the ResetCDR before calling
out then you wouldn't know if the called party answers since the cdr
status 'answered' would come from your application
answering the call and not from the called party, billable time would be
wrong to.
This is at least how it used to be, you do now have the 'C' option in
the Dial() command which I think obsoletes the ResetCDR
but it's probably keept so it does'n't break peoples dialplans/agi scripts.

After writing this response I realized that we should move over to -user
with the remaining answers to keep noise down on -dev

Freddi