[Asterisk-Dev] 3rd party call control / CSTA , JTAPI orTAPIinterfaces

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Mon Dec 20 08:34:52 MST 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 14:42, Schaefer, Mark wrote:

> This is a pretty big weakness of Asterisk to be dealt with so flippantly.  I
> wouldn't necessarily define the Manager API as an API.

Agreed, it's more of a UI than an API.

> I'm not whining.  I'm saying that from the perspective of a
> telecommunications company, it is a MAJOR weakness of a "switch vendor" to
> not have a call control API.

erm, so when did Asterisk become a vendor ?
Some vendors using * may well have written they're own API using the
commercial license. It seems like you want one as part of the main * code -
if so, the you've got a couple of options put up a bounty or write one
yourself.

Jon