[Asterisk-Dev] RE: [Asterisk-biz] Asterisk training andcertification :: AstriconTraining

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 04:39:07 MST 2004

I've never been certified on anything, except my uni degree and my
amateur radio license.  In the case of the uni degree, I was already
contracting 6 years before I got that.

So I think this whole certification stuff is 'win-win-win' for Asterisk
and us.

Those of us who know our stuff anyway are going to 'win' regardless.

And those who don't are going to 'win' because they now have a great
opportunity to learn, and a reward (certification) for doing so (thanks
to Digium).

It will be great publicity for Asterisk when lot's of people start
putting it on their CV's.

Just a suggestion - why don't we all ring up a few recruitment firms and
say 'I need a contracter who's Asterisk certified, ASAP' - they will all
go and post it on Monster, etc, which is more publicity for Asterisk and
will create more demand for the certificate.