[Asterisk-Dev] 'Variable variables' in the dialplan

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Sun Dec 19 11:51:28 MST 2004

Hi all,

I believe I found a bug regarding the use of 'variable variables' in
extensions.conf.  I'd like to run by the list before I file:

---extensions.conf---
[globals]
OUT = ${OUT_1}
OUT_1 = ZAP/g0

[outgoing]
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUT}/${EXTEN},,)
---------------------

In this example, ${OUT} should be "ZAP/g0".  However, when Asterisk
starts (or is restarted), the value for ${OUT} is null.  Only after
issuing a 'reload' will ${OUT} contain the expected value of "ZAP/g0".

Does this appear to be a bug, or expected behaviour?

Running CVS-v1-0-11/27/04

Thanks
Ryan

--