[Asterisk-Dev] new dev question.

Jon Lawrence jon at lawrence.org.uk
Wed Dec 15 14:20:22 MST 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 21:01, Brian West wrote:
> exten => _ZXX,1,Playback(/some/custom/file)
> exten => _ZXX,2,VoiceMail(s${EXTEN})
>

> No need to add this when you can do it with the tools you already have.  If
> you want a real patch.. totally rewrite voicemail its turning into a
> cluster.

That requires calling 2 apps where only 1 should really be needed.
I've not done any C for about a decade - total rewrite might be a bit beyond
me atm. I'll patch what I need first :)
I've noticed that there's an awful lot of code in app_voicemail.c which isn't
commented and does lord only knows what. I suppose I've got to get back into
the swing of things somehow - learning how app_voicemail.c is as good a way
as any.

Jon