[Asterisk-Dev] CFAS misnumbering of spans?

Schaefer, Mark Mark.Schaefer at ONSTAR.com
Mon Dec 13 15:46:48 MST 2004

We had this problem.  The problem is that the switch on the other end maps the spans from 0 and not from one.  You can solve this by the following: (subtract one from the logical span number for each circuit)

spanmap => 1,1,1
spanmap => 2,1,3
spanmap => 5,1,0
spanmap => 6,1,2
spanmap => 9,1,4

	Or you can wait a few weeks for Digium to get back to you.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com]
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 5:05 PM
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Dev] CFAS misnumbering of spans?

I posted this to -users last week but got no response.

I've got a system with 5 pri circuits configured into a CFAS group with a
primary and secondary d channel.

There are three TE410P cards in the system.

The 5 circuit span are located as follows:

circuit 1 on span 5 (card 2 span 1)
circuit 2 on span 1 (card 1 span 1)
circuit 3 on span 6 (card 2 span 2)
circuit 4 on span 2 (card 1 span 2)
circuit 5 on span 9 (card 3 span 2)

primary d chan is on chan 24 of span 5 (chan 120)
secondary d chan is on chan 24 of span 1 (chan 24)

T1 circuits are configured correctly in zaptel.conf and show up and good

zapata looks like this:

trunkgroup => 1,120,24

spanmap => 1,1,2
spanmap => 2,1,4
spanmap => 5,1,1
spanmap => 6,1,3
spanmap => 9,1,5

[channels]
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown

;group 1

group=1
context=cfas-in
channel=1-23
channel=25-48
channel=97-119
channel=121-144
channel=193-216

----------

pri show span 5 (seems it sets the span number by the physical span with
the primary d channel) shows:

localhost*CLI> pri show span 5
Primary D-channel: 120
Switchtype: National ISDN
Type: CPE
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
T200 Timer: 1000
T203 Timer: 10000
T305 Timer: 30000
T308 Timer: 4000
T313 Timer: 4000
N200 Counter: 3

Secondary D-channel: 24
Switchtype: National ISDN
Type: CPE
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
T200 Timer: 1000
T203 Timer: 10000
T305 Timer: 30000
T308 Timer: 4000
T313 Timer: 4000
N200 Counter: 3

---

When the system is started, or I issue a ztcfg command, I see the following:

Dec 10 13:31:40 WARNING[5649]: chan_zap.c:7569 pri_dchannel: Restart
requested on odd/unavailable channel number 0/1

I get this for 0/1 through 0/23

When an inbound call to this CFAS group is placed, I receive the following:

Dec 10 13:43:06 WARNING[5649]: chan_zap.c:7640 pri_dchannel: Ring requested
on unconfigured channel 0/1 on span 5.

What am I doing wrong here to cause this unconfigured error?  The provider
is seeing both of my d channels, so I have the spans mapped right.

-Chris

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: