[Asterisk-Dev] New to Asterisk - questions

Ullmann, Scott sullmann at telespectrum.com
Mon Dec 13 14:50:36 MST 2004

I am just learning about Asterisk....

My first (and main question before I dig much further) is:

Can I use Asterisk in the following way?

Server has 4 T1s on it......first 3 T1s handle inbound traffic and acts
as a 'holding spot' or que until a line is available on T1 #4 (any
channel that is avail)
If no channel available, can it hold in que (with a message) until a
channel is avail?
Once channel is available, it sends the call to the avail channel on T1
#4 and releases the inbound channel in came in on, etc....

Thanks

Also...are there any 'step by step' IVR samples setup somewhere?  Can
you write IVR data that is captured (be it voice rec. or DTMF) to a
backend database, complete with ANI ??

Scott Ullmann
sullmann at telespectrum.com

Disclaimer: The information transmitted in this message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system.